2016 Encore! Home School Productions Membership
Thank you for your interest in Encore! Our organization has existed since 2001 and grew out of a small drama program at a local homeschool co-op. Since then it has built a reputation for producing one of the region’s most respected high school musicals.
We are happy to announce that our organization is now able to open its membership to the wider homeschool community in south-central Pennsylvania.
Membership will continue to be open to any family who is a member of Creative Home Educators Support Services (CHESS) and the Learning Center. In addition, we are now accepting membership applications from homeschooling families who are not members of these two co-ops.
Things you should know before you apply:
- Membership is for one year only. Families must reapply annually.
- The number of additional families we can accommodate depends upon the cast size necessary for each year’s selected musical.
- Roles are primarily for students 7th–12th. We include younger siblings when possible.
- Encore! is a Christian organization. We do not require members to sign a statement of faith, but we require the supervising parent to be a professing Christian. We also require participating students to be self-governing; respectful towards all other students, adults, and property; and consistently willing to take direction from the directors, producers, and other responsible adults.
- Encore! is solely run by volunteers. Parents are just as involved as the cast members. Without the volunteer commitment from parents, we could not produce the scale and quality of show we are known for.
- One parent of each cast member must fulfill at least one pre-production volunteer position (for example, Props or Costume Team) and one production position (for example, manning the box office 2 of 3 shows). Most parents exceed these minimal requirements.
- Each family is required to raise or contribute $250 per student, family cap of $750. In addition membership dues are $55 per student, family cap of $165.
- The parent volunteer must have state criminal background check and child abuse clearances on file before his or her children may audition for the show. Volunteers who work directly with students (such as directors, producer, and costume assistances) must also have FBI background check.